Friday, August 15, 2008

Hi Everyone,

It is all completed! I am thrilled to have completed my first Olympic Games. I made some mistakes along the way, and I wish I didn't make them, but I have learned from them. In the past few weeks I have learned a great deal about being a competitor at the highest level, training horses and being a team mate. All of it has been an amazing and wonderful experience.

Toddy was wonderful and jumped great on the final day. I made two technical mistakes, which cost me two rails unfortunately. Sometimes at a horse trial a rider can make a slight technical mistake or not have the perfect, magic canter, but after galloping around a four-star cross-country track, I must establish and ride an excellent canter and be technically perfect in order to jump a clear round.

I am thrilled to get back home and get back to work. My expectations of myself have been raised immensely on this trip, and I am thankful for that. This has been my first time competing against the best in the world, and now I know what I am up against. I am inspired to train better and be better.

Thank you to everyone for all of your support and emails. I look forward to seeing all of you again soon!

Sincerely,
Samantha

No comments: